Sunday, May 17, 2009

We are so very done

Bangalow week ended on a very high note. I finished my paper, I went to get it printed and bound, and Michelle, Susie and I had wine and free tapas at a restaurant in town. The paper is DONE! And it is great. Not only is it done, but we gave presentations the last two days, and mine went beautifully. The highlight of it must have been at the end, when Peter asked about setting up a Transition group in his area. Peter wants to start a Transition town. ha.

So that was the adventure of the last few days. Last night we went to the newly opened Earth N Sea pizza place to celebrate being dooooone, and it was great. Now in my last few days in Australia, I can really appreciate this life, the people who are in it, and everything that I have done. Which has been a lot. I cannot believe I found this project, I did it, and it is all done.

Oh right, this is a funny picture....one of the ways me and Michelle survived the winter nights in Bangalow. No but really, everything is great here and I am looking forward to the last few days of the program. Tomorrow we are going ocean kayaking as a group unless the weather is bad, and Wednesday we have a final group meeting in the morning, and a group dinner at night.


Thursday morning we leave for the airport! And that afternoon is me, Kendall, Epps, and Michelle's flight to Christchurch, New Zealand! Soon we may start talking about plans, or we may really be going in with two campervans booked and a general goal of making the loop around the island! I am very excited for what I think will be a really beautiful trip.

This is a ridiculous picture I had to add from Susie's house... why don't all phone books emphasize the 'hi' in white?? Good one Australia. Anyway... Internet has been a little rough in Byron this time around, so in case this is my last post from Australia.... everything is great here as this life is wrapping up, and I will write next from New Zealand (is there Internet in New Zealand?)!

1 comment:

  1. MIA YOU FINISHED. congrats, girl.

    ps. is campervans '10 an option for next february break? just a thought...

    ReplyDelete