Monday, May 11, 2009

Bangalow week

I am here in Bangalow week, with only a few days left to go until I turn in my paper and meet up with the group for the last few days on the program. I only have a week left in Australia!! And my paper is pretty much....done. 50 pages and it looks good. I have a few more things to put together here and there, but basically, it is done. I am quite excited, but I do have a few more days here in Bangalow to think about that.
So this is where I live. Michelle and I have been living very happily with yogasusie at her house (the old office of Sustainable Futures Australia) in the middle of an industrial estate, across the highway from fields of cows. Since we got here Thursday morning from Holy Goat, we have basically been sitting around and working on our papers.

Other adventures include walking along the highway 30 minutes to get to Bangalow village and wireless at Utopia cafe (current location), going to the Channon Markets, and starting to take Susie's yoga classes at night, across the parking lot in a room near the warehouses.


It is a beautiful area of the world here in Bangalow, and we are basically just enjoying where we have found ourselves again as we get through work retreat week. In the next few days, we'll finish up...everything.. and eventually find a way to print and bind our reports. Then Friday we head back to Byron Bay, our 5 weeks are up! Next Thursday in New Zealand, 4 weeks until home, 5 weeks to Spain!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2076811&id=9803563&l=1190a33e12

2 comments:

  1. That last picture is gorgeous. I am totally envious. I hope you have a great time your last few days in Aussie. See you at camp! ;)

    But seriously, see you at camp

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo chunk it out girl. congrats on ISPizzle being... done. i'm waiting for august 14th like you wouldn't believe.

    ReplyDelete