Friday, April 24, 2009

The life rolls on

I have been in Sydney about a week now, and I am having such a good time here. I love this city, I love being able to do whatever I want while still on the program, my project is coming along fine, and I am so glad to be here. Meg and I have been all over the place. Highlights include the Art Gallery of NSW, Australia Museum, Paddy's Markets, hanging out with Jenny in St. Lenard's (a girl from the program), Glebe Markets, and just walking around the city in general. I am freeeeeeeeeeee......
As far as my project goes, I have already interviewed 5 people for it (that is half of my goal), done a good amount of background research, and have almost-set-plans to interview the other 5 by the end of the month. So I really feel pretty fine on that front, even though it is a bit overwhelming to think of actually putting everything together in a paper. But I'll get to that...

But the highlight of it all, of course, was last night, when we went to see Jerry Springer: The Opera at the Sydney Opera House. The show was the most ridiculous thing you can imagine, and we had great seats, sushi before, and cheesecake after! All in all, an excellent night.

As for the rest of the time I'm here, let's see... well tomorrow I am taking the ferry to Manly to interview two people there and walk around that area. And Tuesday I leave for Katoomba, a city in the Blue Mountains about 2 hours west of Sydney to adventure there and also meet/interview a few people from Transition Blue Mtns. I get back Thursday and have some last few days in Sydney before I head back up north to the Byron area.

So that is really it from here for now. The first picture here is just from walking down the street in Sydney, the second is from right before the opera, the third is the Opera house at night, and the last is the sun setting over Sydney harbor from outside the train window. I added more to my facebook albums, at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2075861&id=9803563&l=3eacdbd2e8 and http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2076811&id=9803563&l=1190a33e12


1 comment:

  1. WHY IS JERRY SPRINGER: THE OPERA AN OPTION?!?!?! ahhhh your life sounds so fun right now.

    ReplyDelete